22 August 2011

24.07.11 - Ben and Jerry's Double Scoop Sundae

(© Phil King, www.mudkiss.com)


Stage Manager at the two-day event in Heaton Park, Manchester.
This weekend's gig presented itself as a perfect opportunity for a first-time Stage Manager like myself. The change-over times were plentiful and the technical set-up of each rider was basic. The bands who required drum-kits even set everything up themselves which was a bonus as I got to watch incase I need to do it in the future.
The sun was beaming and there was lots of free ice-cream which put everyone in a great mood to begin with. The bands performing on my band stand were all down to earth and easy going. I used my powers of delegation to full effect, taking advantage of a plentiful site crew and an eager collection of work-experience volunteers to overcome any issues I was faced with.
A Particular highlight was seeing Joe McAdam, who I usually de-rig stages with, perform a number of covers and a few of his own tracks to the sun-kissed crowd. Also, not having to travel anywhere by foot was a bonus - I had a golf buggy at my disposal which I milked.

No comments:

Post a Comment