22 August 2011

18.07.11 - Latitude


Latitude was a festival unlike any other I had previously experienced; An arts and culture festival - music took equal billing with comedians, poets and performers in what was an engaging week. It brought me into contact with many acts and performers, a few of whom I would normally only read reviews on but the the vast majority I never knew existed.
The Magners Brand Activation was a success. It was my first time working on such an event. I arrived Wednesday and the site was pretty much complete - I just helped with the finishing decor touches. I did not feel completely in the loop because I had not been involved in the pre-build of the site. Having been involved in almost every aspect of the Bench gig a couple of weeks earlier, I know I prefer having extensive knowledge of all aspects of the job - it certainly helps when conversing with clients and helping give a good, knowledgeable impression.
My experience in promotions was beneficial as I had no problem staying attentive and polite to the audience for hours on end. The de-rig involved the use of power tools which is always enjoyable but the drive home took forever. If I ever have to drive such a long distance in the future, I will make a few notes of important junctions as co-drivers cannot always be relied upon to stay awake.

No comments:

Post a Comment