22 August 2011

03.07.11 - Jodrell Bank, Transmission 001

(© Bart Prettman, photos.jodrellbanklive.co.uk)

Yesterday's 22-hours on-site was a hugely successful day for all the parties involved - the organisers, the bands, the fans and myself. An intensely sunny day was matched by successful sound-checks, champion change-overs and a thrilling end to Transmission 001.
This was the first time I had encountered professional roadies. These guys really inspired me to give every gig my full efforts. They had begun load-in before I got to site at 7am and had been in Cornwall the night before. They were off to Canada straight after the show tonight and it was good to see how they structured their day. They were all hands on deck for a couple of hours and then retreated to the tour bus for rest. They came back refreshed and their energy and excitement for the show was contagious. They all spoke with enthusiasm and had plenty to talk about when they had a spare few minutes. I guess some of it comes off the back of their experience. Only one of the roadies was my age, the others were all almost 30 or over.

No comments:

Post a Comment